Wednesday 25 August 2010

Wendel - Reflective Diary

It was my very first day in the German youth club called "Joker." it was very warm at the club as the staff and the young people were very nice towards me. Once they knew I was from London they wanted to know everything about me, and me about them. The language barrier wasn't really there as the young people managed to learn some English, and taught me German. I played pool, basket, bingo and sing star. I felt very happy and welcome, the young made me feel like I was some sort of hero, or their role model. I learnt that no matter where you are, young people are young people, curious, outgoing, interested, fun, creative and language is not an issue.



I also realised that the young people were very sexually active as they kissed and touched each other. I'm going to try to organise some sexual education sessions for the young people. I will also, get them more involved in different activities as they are too used to chilling, smoking and not doing anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment